Sunday, August 29, 2010

New Discovery...

The night before we left Wake Forest, Caleb and I were sitting on the living room floor with a few of our things that we would have to pack the next morning.  It was so weird to look out the window and see my car secured to a dolly attached to our 26-foot moving truck and our utility trailer attached to Caleb's truck with our out door things on it.  We had spent 4 years, all of our married lives, in Wake Forest.  Four years.  A lot of things happened in those four years.  It was just really different sitting in our cleaned, empty apartment with no furniture and nothing left to do.  We had been so busy up until that point getting last minute things done and cleaning.  We were so thankful that our friends and neighbors came out to help us pack and clean.  We could not believe that we had a total of 21 PEOPLE show up to help us PACK OUR MOVING TRUCK and CLEAN!  WE were amazed that so many of our friends would get up early on a Saturday morning to help us (Okay, we bribed them with Krispy Kreme donuts & pizza)!  And, that night, our sweet neighbors Bryce and Shelly offered to let me drive their car to go get dinner for us since mine was strapped to the dolly:).  So, what's a girl to do on a night like this?  Well.......we still had our computers out, so of course I got on the web.  And, I happened to come across this AMAZING SITE called "Start Cooking.com"  After viewing a few of the tutorials, I was hooked!   You can get to the site from this link:

http://startcooking.com/blog/58/How-to-Cook-Potatoes-in-a-Microwave

I absolutely LOVE the video tutorials.  Kathy Maister not only shows you how to prepare each dish, but she does this in such an efficient manner.  She even gives you a list of ingredients AND materials that you will need.  AND, she used to be a HOME EC teacher :)!   I wondered if she had taught (you'll see what I mean once you view the site) and when I read her bio, I confirmed this fact:).  Anyway, her blog is definitely worth checking out, even if you have been cooking for a while!  You might glean some new tips from her!

What cooking sites do you use as your "go to" sites?

1 comment:

  1. Oh no...I just published a long comment and now it's gone! Anyway, I had written that I will definitely have to check out this website. It looks so neat! And when I can't think of anything for dinner I like to check The Pioneer Woman at http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/ and also the recipe index at Our Best Bites at http://www.ourbestbites.com/

    Our Best Bites has a recipe we like for baked chipotle taquitos and it's good because it uses leftover pot roast. If I know what I want to make but don't have a recipe I use allrecipes.com and sort by the best rating. I like recipes with 4 1/2 or 5 stars and hundreds of reviews! Finally, if I know it will be a busy week, I like to look at http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/ and plan some crockpot meals!

    Those are my "go to" websites! We miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete