Monday, September 14, 2009

Surf's Up?!?!

During the hot month of July, I went to the beach with a group of girls from our small group. We had a WONDERFUL time relaxing, getting to know each other better, eating some great sea food, and just having fun! One night before our trip, I was talking to my sweet friend Doris about my desire to learn how to surf. It turns out that Doris has been surfing since she was little and wanted to teach me! She even arranged for us to have surfing lessons so we could learn the safety aspects of the sport and the proper way to surf! We weren't able to take lessons on our first beach trip back in July, so we decided we'd have to go back to the beach (how sad! :)) to take the lessons. So, one Saturday in early August we took surfing lessons at Carolina Beach (NC). We had so much fun learning together! Next summer, I would like to continue learning and maybe even get up on my board. A strong core is a MUST for surfing, so for now, I'll keep doing pilates exercises :)
I was a bit anxious about learning how to surf, but not scared like this picture depicts. But, I thought it would be fun to take a "before" and after picture, anyway. Below, Doris and I are posing in front of our surf boards after all of our hard work!

No comments:

Post a Comment