Monday, July 27, 2009

June and July 2009

Well, it's been a while since I've posted and a whole lot has happened in the past few months! I recently began my 4th year teaching...my how time flies...3 weeks under my belt already! I'm really enjoying this group of students, too. I hope it is a wonderful school year.
This post is somewhat random since I'm playing "catch up."
This first picture is of a gladiolus. I bought the bulbs at the dollar store, and I was pleased to see they grew so well. 3 of the 4 bulbs I planted, bloomed. They were beautiful.
We went down to GA for Caleb's maternal Grandmother's 80th birthday party, and we had homemade ice cream during the festivities. Here's Tim & Alice's cat, Lucky (AKA Satan cat) in one of our ice cream buckets. Isn't he so cute?!? Don't let him fool you, though, he will attack you in an instant!
This picture was taken July 3rd on the Seminary Campus as we waited to see the Town of Wake Forest fireworks display. We enjoyed the show and spending time with friends :).
I hope everyone is enjoying their Summer as fall is quickly approaching! Caleb started a summer class today, and I am still resting up from my day-trip to the beach this past Saturday. I enjoyed boogie boarding and catching some rays. My friend Doris and I are going back in a few weeks to take surfing lessons! I am so excited about this opportunity. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment