Friday, July 30, 2010

Hello South Georgia!

It has been WAY TOO LONG since my last post. In fact, my last post was 6 MONTHS AGO! Several of our North Carolina friends have persuaded me to update our blog since we have moved back to Georgia. South Georgia, that is. Valdosta, Georgia--nicknamed "TitleTown USA"! Valdosta is the 11th largest city in Georgia, with a population of over 48,000 people. Here's the link to the city's website if you would like to learn more about Valdosta or its history: http://www.valdostacity.com/Index.aspx?page=1. Fun fact since it's still close to Christmas in July--The composer of "Jingle Bells," James Lord Pierpoint, was from Valdosta :)! So, what are we doing in Valdosta, you might ask? Well, Caleb will be serving as the Baptist Collegiate Ministries (BCM) intern for Valdosta State University (VSU) this upcoming school year. Here's the link for the BCM webpage: http://blazerbcm.org/. Check back from time to time as it is being updated. Currently, I am a stay at home wife, and I have enjoyed having this time to unpack and settle in before the school year begins. I have applied for several jobs, and now I am in a season of waiting. I hope to hear something soon! We were greeted with such a warm welcome from the Ford family (Jeff is the senior campus minister here) and by Clarissa Morrison (she serves as campus minister at VSU, too) when we arrived. Here are a few pics: We were so grateful for the hospitality shown to us by the Fords and Clarissa. They went all out...made us a friendly WELCOME banner, and supplied is with official VSU gear, fresh Georgia peaches, fresh sweets from the South Georgia Pecan company,fresh flowers, and a nice meal! We were so thankful to be able to stay in the Fords guest room Sunday night (that was shortly after the locksmith came to reclaim our keys to the moving truck...yes, we locked them in the cab of the moving truck!). I will be posting pictures of our new home, soon!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the pictures and updated blog! I am so happy you were give such a sweet Welcome! I can already tell that I really like your kitchen. :) I'm glad you guys are adjusting well. We miss you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Tara! And, thank y'all for your sweet prayers! Yes, I have really enjoyed cooking in this kitchen...more cabinet/counter space makes all the difference! We miss you guys, too!

    ReplyDelete