Saturday, May 30, 2009

Weekend Fun!

Caleb and I have had a blast this weekend.  Caleb's friend, Paul, does some handyman work for a man that has a 200-acre farm.  It's a ways out in the country, and absolutely beautiful.  Caleb and I went out there with him after work yesterday, and went fishing the pond.  We took our new-to-us "Jon boat," fishing poles & tackle, and live bait (minnows, crickets, and night crawlers (my request, Daddy :)).  We all caught some fish (mostly juvenile largemouth bass), and Paul caught a HUGE catfish.  I also learned several things--how to put crickets and minnows on my hook; how to put a hook, sinker, and float on my line; that not keeping my thumb on the line properly causes severe backlash (for the fishing line) and a huge knot resulting in the line needed to be restrung :), and to duck when Caleb's casting and there are 3 people in the boat :).   As evening approached, we saw turtles, ducks, geese (with two baby geese), and a lovely sunset.  We had a very relaxing and fun-filled time!
Today, I took Caleb on a date to see a NASCAR film on the IMAX screen.  It was a really neat documentary to see in 3D.  Caleb is a huge NASCAR fan, and I'm still trying to learn about the sport.  The film was very informative, and I have a better understanding of racing, now.  It was fun to be in the drivers seat for some of those laps, too.   After the film, we walked around in downtown Raleigh for a little while in the beautiful weather.  There are many things to do down that way, so hopefully we will be able to explore a little more this summer.  
Now, I'm trying to decide what to sew next.  I have several ideas of things I would like to make, and with only 2 more teaching days in this school year, I'm actually going to have some major craft time on my hands. Yea!  I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment